Monday, July 29, 2013

July 2013


I had a mini breakthrough and a simultaneous setback yesterday, playing 36 holes at Metropolis Country Club. I shot 70 (-1) in a morning game, bogeying the 18th hole to just miss shooting 69. I went back out there in the afternoon with my friend Dan and had a nearly remarkable round. I found myself with a straightforward 20 foot putt to shoot a (-5) 66. This would have been the finest round of my life and one of the best rounds played at Metropolis, the course record being 65 in a tournament and 64 more recently in a weekend game. Unfortunately, I hit two poor putts, including a complete bonehead miss of a 2.5 foot par putt. Making that putt would have secured a 67, and a new record for me. Instead, I "settled" for the 68. Still, my best 36 hole performance to date, and I seem to be hitting my stride just in time for the club championship which begins this Sunday...

No comments: