Friday, May 29, 2015

Upcoming Tournaments

This Summer will no doubt be an exciting one for me, a humble amateur golfer with a passion for the game.

I played well enough and was fortunate to qualify for both the WGA Amateur and the MGA Ike in May.  I shot 74 in both and finished in T-7 of 106 at Ardsley and T-15 of 124 at Leewood to reach the next round.  I'm also exempt from qualifying for the WGA Open, having made the cut in last year's tournament and playing in the Michael Hebron Amateur Championship, held at Bethpage Black later this year.

My qualifying rounds have been characterized by steady play, with strengths in driving and in the 60-150 yard range and weakness in 170-220, an distance range I was much stronger in 2014.  But I'm chipping and putting better this year, so instead of hitting it from 210 to 35 feet and three putting too often, I am missing the green in the right spot and managing to make up and downs.  Overall, my average score hasn't changed from last year but feel like I am on the verge of the best play of my life.

More to come.



No comments: